Thursday, April 14, 2016

From the sublime...

I checked out the streets around Roscommon Park in Floreat today. 


Being an older area protected from the coastal winds I expected some decent trees. I wasn't disappointed.


This Tuart (Eucalyptus gomphocephala) is the finest one I think I've seen on a street verge.


It would be a naturally occurring one - an indication of what was here before us lot arrived.

It was good to see it was getting a bit of loving care from the Council too. There was clear evidence of some recent dead-wooding / formative pruning.













Around the corner I came across this fine example of Brazilian Pepper (Schinus molle) - also one of the best I've seen*.

Click the photo to see how beautiful it really is.

But of course I knew it couldn't last. I went around the next corner and found this...





Ah yes, Perthus suburbius butcherus.

But at least there's no leaves on the lawn, huh?

Go on, click the photo and get a good look at how special this really is!


_________________________________________________________________________________
* It was disappointing the builders weren't taking better care of it. Pretty disrespectful for such a grand tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment