Friday, March 11, 2016

Kermit was wrong *

Back in my garden design days, clients would often request "colour".  


"Green is a colour," I'd say and they thought I was joking. But I wasn't. Green is often overlooked as a "colour".

Click photo to enlarge

But there's different qualities of green too.

The luminous green of thin leaves backlit by the sun is very restful and well worth factoring into your decision-making process when choosing street trees - especially for inner city areas where the contrast with all the grey is particularly pleasing**.
______________________________________________________________________________
* Initially at least ;)

** To see what I mean, click on the photo and see how well the luminous green goes with the grey granite behind. Nice, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment