Thursday, February 4, 2016

A Reader Said (7)



After reading this post, a reader emailed me to vent his frustration. Here's what he said:

"I get really peeved when I see my rates needlessly withering away and dying - then the process repeating all over again! Surely its not that hard: plant it, water it. Do it right or don't do it at all. I wrote to my Council a while back and got no response - other than the removal of the dead trees! I know there are many reasons trees don't make it to maturity, but when you stick your finger in the ground and it's bone dry….(!)"

I suspect this gentleman is no orphan. What it shows is that the cost to Councils of poor tree care is more than just dollars and cents. It's damage to their brand.

2 comments:

  1. Must be City of Armadale. They do have an urban forest policy however it is unfortunate it involves removing most of our mature native trees and replacing them with Jacarandas and Crepe Myrtle. Madness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete